OJA (MARKET)

No Comments
Oja
Hello everyone,

My experience in oja like it is often called by the Yoruba people means MARKET.It is a place where buying and selling takes place.
There are different kinds of market in Yoruba land,some always depends on the days interval while some might be on daily basis or every night.

Oja ota-efun is one of the biggest market in  osogbo, Osun state where my mum purchases the household needs in every 5 days.I decided to follow her in other to help her for one or two things,while getting them I was taking pictures of some local foods which looks beautiful.



Osan (orange)

Orange is one of my favorite,a seasonal fruit.They are very affordable to purchase, and can be seen anywhere around you. They're also nutritious and good for the body.mama olosan gave me some extra ones after taking the picture of her Osan.




 Ewa (beans) 

Ewa fun fun (white beans) 
Often use for cooking moin moin. Akara and sorts. 
                                 Ponmo



Ede (crayfish) 

                              Iru (locust bean)


                               Semovita


                              Alubosa (onions)

 Ata (pepper) 

                                Ila (okro)

                            Pepper


Eja (fish) 




 Market is a very fun place because you see lots of activities going on,at the same time you have to be very careful of your belongings,in order not to cry home, lol, I enjoyed every bit of the shopping and I'll love to go again,guess I got a new name from the market women "aunty ayaworan" which means the female photographer,lol.my phone camera did justice to the pictures.

Thanks so much for reading,hope you had fun! 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment